Geox S.p.A. hereby wishes to inform visitors to the “www.geox.com” website (hereinafter the
“Website”) of its personal data protection policy, emphasising its commitment and
attention to protecting the privacy of Website visitors. Please read carefully our Privacy
Policy, which applies if you access the Website and simply navigate it using our services -
without purchasing any products - as well as if you decide to make purchases.
Please also read the Terms & Conditions of www.geox.com because they
also contain important instructions on the security systems used by the Website.
Navigation within the Website is free and does not require registration, with the exception
of certain areas in which you may freely and expressly provide a set of personal data to
access certain services (e.g. to register for My Geox, sign up for the newsletter or
request information, etc.). When we ask you to provide your personal data to access these
additional services, we will always inform you in accordance with EU Regulation 679/2016
General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”) about the purposes and methods
of use of the data as well as your right to request the deletion or updating of the data at
In accordance with the Regulation, we are providing you with the following information.
1. The Data Controller and Data Processors
The Data controllers are Geox S.p.A., with registered office at Via Feltrina Centro 16,
31044 Biadene di Montebelluna, Treviso (Italy) - Treviso Companies’ Register no. Imp. , Tax
Identification and VAT no. IT03348440268, Share Capital €25,920,733.10 fully paid up and
co-data controllers, limited to sales, invoicing and delivery purposes, with the following
companies of the Geox group:
- • Geox Retail S.r.l., via Feltrina Centro 16, 33144 Montebelluna, VAT Code IT05563231009 and tax representatives
- • Geox Deutschland GmbH, Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Strasse 22 - 80807 München Registernummer/Register no.: HRB 155937 USt-IdNr: DE813486969
- • Geox AT GmbH, Seilerstätte 16, 1010 Wien, Österreich Handelsgericht Wien, FN 355622 z VAT: ATU66105458
- • GEOX RESPIRA S.L., Sociedad unipersonal Pasaje Permanyer n.5 08009 Barcelona, España VAT Code B62826425
- • Geox France Sarl, 432 Avenue André Lasquin, 74700 Sallanches France, VAT FR 11410882914
- • Geox Holland B.V., Claudius Prinsenlaan 144,4818 CP Breda, The Netherlands, Vat L808308415B01 and its branches
- • Geox Poland S.r.o., ul. Postępu 12, 02-676 Warszawa, The District Court of the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XIII Business Division of the National Court Register, , KRS no. 392726, VAT PL (NIP) 527 26 61 853
- • Geox Hungary KFT, Kálvin tér 12. III. em., 1085 Budapest – Hungary, Registration number: 01-09-675970, Tax number: 11773250-2-42 – EU VAT number: HU11773250
- • Geox Suisse SA, Via Balestra, 27 – CH 6900 LUGANO, VAT Code CHE-109.592.205, Mail Box 5722, CH – 6901 LUGANO,
- • Geox U.K. Ltd, 6th Floor Kildare House, 3 Dorset Rise, London EC4Y 8EN, UK, VAT number GB 779093087, Registered in England and Wales - Company number 4303095
You may request further information by writing to email@example.com. When we refer to “Geox”
c” below, we are referring to Geox S.p.A. and the companies of the Geox group.
For purely organisational and functional requirements, we have appointed certain
service providers to manage the Website as external personal data processors. This is
strictly for purposes related and connected to the services provided by the Website,
including the sale of products. A complete list of external data processors appointed by
Geox may be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Types of Personal Data Processed
Registration is not required in order to access the Website. However, there are sections of
the Website that require registration or the use of a username and password (e.g., to log
in to the My Geox reserved area, or to complete the online purchasing process), or services
for which you need to provide your details (e.g. your personal data may be requested to
access newsletter services, to contact us, etc.). Click here for further information. With
reference to data relating to navigation within the Website, see also point 7 below
concerning the Profiling Tools used by the Website.
3. Optional provision of personal data
The provision of personal data is generally optional. In certain cases only, the failure to
provide personal data may make it impossible to access specific services and obtain what
you have requested (e.g. registration - and the provision of personal data, e-mail address,
postal address, credit/debit card data or bank details and telephone number - is required
to purchase products online); failure to provide such data may therefore prevent Geox from
allowing you to access the Website's services or to respond to users' requests.
The data necessary in each case are indicated in the data collection forms t on the Website
- e.g., indicated with a (*) - and the consequences of their not being provided are set out
in the specific notices on the data collection pages.
Data are collected and processed for purposes strictly related to the use of the Website,
its services and the purchase of products online. The purposes for which the data are used
are detailed in the specific policy statements provided by the Website whenever there is
data collection. We would ask that you read the policy statements which in each case
explain the characteristics of the data processing that will be performed (e.g. for
registration for the newsletter service, to access My Geox, for Geox products sold online).
Your data shall be processed in full compliance with privacy legislation.
5. Method, length of data processing and scope of communication
Data may be processed in both electronic and paper form (e.g. for the handling of purchases
on the Website). Geox guarantees that the personal data provided through the Website will
be processed lawfully and properly, in full compliance with applicable legislation, and
that the data provided during registration kept strictly confidentially. All information
collected is transmitted through a secure connection to prevent interception by outsiders.
We implement security measures to ensure the security of the Website.
Any data provided by users shall be processed for the length of time specified in the
specific policy statements provided at the time of data collection.
With regard to the retention times for data collected through the use of profiling tools
The data shall not be communicated or disseminated to third parties except within the
limits and conditions expressly indicated in the policy statements provided in each case
and subject to your authorisation.
6. Links to other websites
This information is provided only for the website www.geox.com and not for any other
websites that a user may access through a link. Geox cannot be held liable for personal
data provided by users to external parties or any websites linked to this Website.
7. Profiling and/or targeting tools
Geox shall not transmit any communications of a promotional and/or advertising nature Geox
shall not transmit any communications of a promotional and/or advertising nature.
The Website uses “cookies”, ”, which may be technical (i.e. to facilitate
navigation and use of the Website) and/or profiling (i.e. to analyse users and their
behaviours and preferences, and provide them with personalised advertising)..
For a detailed explanation of cookies used by this Website and how to deactivate them,
8. Place of data processing
The data processing connected with the services provided by the Website are carried out: (i)
at the headquarters of Geox S.p.A. indicated in point 1 above and are carried out by
expressly authorised data processing personnel; (ii) by companies providing services
related to the management of the Website, appointed as external data processors. A complete
list of external data processors appointed by Geox can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
To enable us to properly manage our Website, your personal data will be transferred to
countries outside the European Union, such as the United States.
Your data will be transferred in full compliance with the guarantees, safeguards and rights
provided by privacy legislation. For more information on the transfer of your data and the
guarantees provided for their protection please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Rights of data subjects
By e-mail to be sent to email@example.com, you may at any
time exercise the rights set out in Articles 15 to 22 of the Regulation. Articles 15 to
22 of the Regulation recognise specific rights including:
- confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed;
- access to your personal data and the information indicated in Article 15 of the
- rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you without undue delay or
completion of incomplete personal data;
- erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay;
- restriction of processing of personal data concerning you;
- notification regarding rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal
data concerning you;
- the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used
and machine-readable format;
- the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to
processing of personal data concerning you..
You can also, as appropriate, always:
- object to the processing of your data, particularly for marketing purposes or the
analysis of your purchasing habits or preferences,
- withdraw your consent.
10. Who to contact in the case of a complaint
If you believe that the processing of your data violates the provisions of the
Regulation, you may always make a complaint to the Italian Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it),
or to the Data Protection Authority of the country in which you reside, work or,
finally, of the place where you believe the violation occurred.
11. Applicable law
Regulation ensures that the processing of personal data is carried out in accordance
with the fundamental rights and freedoms and the dignity of data subjects, with
particular reference to confidentiality, personal identity and their personal data
12. Revision clause
or in part, at its sole discretion, in any manner and/or at any time, without notice,
including to take account of changes to the law or regulations regarding the protection
by (i) ) e-mailing them to users registered on the Website or (ii)publishing
them on the homepage of the Website; they will be binding as soon as published and
communicated. Please access this section regularly for publication of the most recent